Most Western holidays are celebrated - okay, stores stock supplies for us to celebrate them, here in Dubai, and with the visual cues (huge Leprechaun door decoration in Will's class), as well as having "real live Irish people, accents and all" surrounding me, you'd think I would have been more prepared for St. Patrick's Day. But no, I totally forgot. My memory lapse probably wouldn't have been a big deal, except for the hubbub made in Will's class where they talked about the little green guys and got a gold chocolate coin. He woke up (in our bed, after being unable to sleep and forcing Nate to seek refuge downstairs on the couch) at the crack of dawn and went downstairs to see if the leprechauns had come and left any gold at our house. Then we spent the morning pondering why the leprechauns didn't come to our house - Nate saw an opportunity to blame me for not telling them where we live. We had to "keep an eye out" for leprechauns all the way to school, and it was sad that we didn't see any, even though they are little (like Finley) and kind of magic and very good at hiding. I think they may make a late visit tonight so I can redeem myself as a creative parent...

No comments:
Post a Comment