Sunday, March 2, 2014

Little cracks

Sometimes it's hard to have to go to work.  This week, Will keeps asking if I am coming to pick him up from school.  Occasionally, I get to keep him with me for the afternoon - like on the HS Sports Day, but usually he rides the bus.  When I told him I couldn't pick him up yesterday, he cried so I asked him if he didn't like riding the bus anymore, if someone was mean to him.  Turns out there is an "Angry Nicholas, he kicks and spits".  I just finished reading a book about kids being bullied, and this struck a little fear in my heart, and made a little crack!  After some investigation, turns out "angry Nicholas" left our school a few weeks ago, so we are safe from this for now, but I am looking forward to next year when Will gets to be at school all day and we won't have to worry about the bus anymore.


A lovely friend from church recently offered to pick Finley up for play dates in the morning and this was last week at the park.  When I tell Fin that she gets to go play with Anna and Kate (and sometimes their brothers too- my friend is a saint to deal with 6 kids!) her face lights up with her little shy smile.  I am so happy that someone will take her to do the things I can't, but it adds another little crack to my heart that I am missing some of my girl's adventures, and that she is big enough to be off having them on her own, so to speak!  

1 comment:

jami v. said...

it is hard -- but sometimes i even feel that way about my boys being in school all day ... little things i'm missing out on. ah ... who said motherhood was easy? :) no one!!