Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Growth

When I was single and childless, I took a road trip with Heather and her kids to St. George.  Luke was about a year old, and I was sitting next to him in the car when he started projectile vomiting.  It set off my gag reflex and I had to roll down the window and get some fresh air before I could begin to assist in the clean up and I struggled mightily with it.  I guess you can say I have grown because there has been a lot of throw up around our house the last few days, and I have barely flinched.  It is still disgusting, but I can handle it without joining in.  Finley was sick several times on Friday, and today Will started.  When I got home from school, he was sitting on Calista's lap on the floor in front of the couch, and they both looked pretty pathetic.  Both of them had been sick today, and Will hasn't eaten anything all day.  It is so sad to see everyone sick - while also double crossing my fingers that it doesn't hit Nate and I ...

On another note,  Finley is finally adding to her vocabulary - she likes to say no, ow, uh uh, and down.  Will is also growing - he is learning lots of counting stuff, and our favorite is when he gets past 12 - he usually skips 16, but adds 2teen, 11teen, 12teen and sometimes even 20teen.  He can recognize the numbers on the clock and knows that when the hands are pointing to the 7 and the 6 it's bedime, and if they starts pointing to the 8, we are late!  It's fun to see him learning so many new things.  Hopefully he can get back to school soon...

1 comment:

jami v. said...

sending healthy please blesses you're way. ... nothing i hate more than cleaning up barf!!