Right now there are many things we love, and a few we don't but before I forget them again, I have to write down Will's funny sayings that I love.
Finley
Will
- "Mom, it's winding outside." "Be careful, it's going to wind away!"
- "Look at that pootfrint!"
- "What do ___________________ eat? (Fill in the blank with any and all living things, lately expanded to dirt and water. Turns out there is a lot I don't know about animals. What do kangaroos eat?)
- After a snack, or dinner: "My tummy is hungry again."
- Today, again. "Mommy, why do you have boy hair? You need to have down (long) hair. Get it right now!"
- When he says something mean, or in a mean voice, we ask him to say it nicely, so he will say "Nic-e-ly".
- I love hearing him sing - he has lots of made up songs, but he also loves "the bird song" that we learned last month in Primary (Whenever I Hear the Song of a Bird...") He knows all the words and it's his favorite good night song.
- I love that Finley wants to feed herself - she is mostly pretty good at it, depending on the menu. It has made dinnertime more pleasant.
- I love Finley's curls in the back of her hair, but not the mullet effect they give since the front of her hair is not coming in that quickly.
- I love that Nate takes Will out for adventures so I can have some quiet time with Finley, or alone when she is napping:)
- I love that I can always count on Jami for a comment on my blog:) Thanks for reading.
- Our staycation in Dubai - a couple of nights at the new Marriott hotel, (and our cool room on the 49th floor) thanks to our two for one Entertainer books, and a few other local two for one dinners and adventures.
- Our annual Easter dinner at our friend's house, with a cool camel encounter on the way. The only thing I love more than camels is baby camels! If I hadn't feared the wrath of two mama's, I probably could have given this little guy a hug.
- I don't love that our spring break is over, but I do love that we are in single digits when I count the teaching weeks left until it's time to go home.
- I do not love that students all over the world can't understand deadlines. Grrrr for late work.
- I don't love that I finally have time and semi-quiet to skype my sister, but our computers won't work!!
Finley
- loves sucking on her front teeth and making a slurping sound.
- She loves her daddy, and watching ball with him - but only basketball. She gets annoyed when he tries to watch baseball - it's too slow for her.
- She loves stealing my phone and pretending to talk or text with it.
- She loves waking Will up in the morning, and laughing with him over their lunch.
- She loves showing off that she can almost walk.
- She loves our new couch - belly flopping on it is her favorite.
- She loves puzzles.
- And swings. She probably spent an hour in this one at our friends house.
- And chocolate.
- And pillows - she takes a moment to relax on every one she sees. I really need to catch it on film.
- And pushing buttons on the computer.
- And prostrating herself on the floor when she isn't getting her way. It would be funny if it weren't so scary to us of what might lie ahead...
- She loves using her few words and having you respond - Mama? Mama? Dada? Dada? Ba (can be ball, or bottle, or if it is repeated, I think brother)
- She does NOT love when you take away whatever she is playing with, and she lets you know.
- She also does not love being put down, or ignored.
- None of us love that she knows exactly what she wants, but has no way to tell us other than crying.
- She LOVES sitting with Nate and helping him cook.
Will
- loves Santa - he's been playing a lot of make believe lately. One day I was Mama Santa and I gave him presents, and today he made Santa's house in the playroom.
- reading books - sometimes to himself, and being read too.
- He also loves acting out the Ten in the Bed Play Hide and Seek book.
- Calling Finley by the nickname he made up for her - Stinky Diaper. It's hilarious every time to him.
- He loved our trip to the aquarium and underwater zoo in the Dubai Mall - we all loved the penguins. It was so funny to see them lining up for lunch, then sliding into the water and rushing back over to get in line again.
- He loves helping to feed Finley, and helping her walk.
- He does not love having his nose wiped or cleaned - two weeks of a bad runny nose are getting old.
- He does not love being on a timetable to eat - he would sit at the table for hours and play with his food if we let him.
- He loves playing in the pool - there were two great "shelves" on either side of the pool at the Marriott - about 6 feed wide and 4-5 inches deep. Finley loved trying to crawl around it too, but it was just deep enough that when she leaned over to do her scoot, she got a mouthful of water.
- He loves being able to cook using his spices he picked up in Azerbajan, Istanbul and the spice souk here in Dubai.
- The awesome load of stuff our pilot friend Gregg just brought back from the States.
- Watching ball with Finley.
- He does not love Will's whining, and his stubbornness about going to the bathroom. (We both hate this - esp when the two things are combined at 3 in the morning.)
3 comments:
:) you are funny that you put me on your list!! :)
well, i love your updates and i wish it were easier to really "talk" so i have to comment. makes me feel like i've talked to you lately. :)
love your lists. love seeing how your kids are growing up -- so quickly!! and i'm so glad another year is winding down. :)
I love looking at your list and seeing your kids grow up before our eyes. Isn't motherhood wonderful? Looks like you are enjoying it too!
Finley is looking so grown up!
Post a Comment