Thursday, November 15, 2012

The Ladybug and the Tiger

Sometimes Will calls me Miss Alex, or wants me to do something like she does.  When we were in the car in Sri Lanka, he pretended to read a book like she does, holding it outwards, and talking about the pictures.  Then he wanted me to read it like Miss Alex, but I didn't do it well enough.  If he was older, I would call it a full blown crush:) 
 
School was out for Eid on Halloween, so the Elementary School celebrated it the first week in November with their annual costume parade.  I was nervous about a costume because I am not very creative about stuff like that, but I had a cool reversible Batman/Superman cape my mom made for Will.  Then I started thinking about what else I needed for the costume, and getting stressed again.  The night before the parade, I was going through my Halloween bag to see what I could use to create a superhero, and pulled out Will's tiger costume.  Turns out it was actually still big enough!  And of course, once he saw it, he was sold.  He literally chased his tail all night - it was pretty funny.  There were also a lot of superheros in the parade, so I was glad he was a little different. 
 I know it's halfway through November, but I found this costume at Costco this summer and was so excited about it, so even though Halloween is far gone, and we didn't trick or treat, I dressed the kids up again this afternoon for a photo shoot.  This costume was definitely made for a Utah Halloween though - she stuck it out for awhile, then started crying because she was so sweaty and hot!
 I wish you could hear the sound effect of the tiger's growl - right in the ladybug's little face.  I also wish I could impress upon the big brother how un-fun it is for him to repeatedly yell directly in her face.
 Daddy loves how much this girl loves a ball!  She gets a pretty good grip on them, and just holds them.  She has even learned to do her scoot one handed so she can hang on to a ball or toy.
 Now for a couple of day in the life shots - Will finished his snack, and I wondered why he was so quiet...
 Finley's new favorite occupation - pulling all the books off this shelf.  She's her mama's girl in that respect.
 We went to the park this morning, and Finley tried out the swings.  She liked it, but wouldn't look at me - she was too busy watching the other kids playing.
 She has learned to wave, and it's super cute - except when she's trying to eat, and has to stop and sit up every 20 seconds and practice waving. Well, it's still pretty cute, it just takes forever for me to feed her!
 We met some new friends at the park.  The mom and little boy on the right are from Hungary, and Will got to practice sharing his dinosaurs with them- it took a time out and a little help from a mom who wasn't me, but eventually he got on board.  Then he invited himself to use the little girl in the middle's sand toys, and another friend joined in too.  Fun to see everyone playing near each other, if not together!  Happy Islamic New Year (today, and the reason we got a day off, and a trip to the park).

No comments: