Will is going to grow up believing that his birthday lasts all month. He got to celebrate it four times! He is adding dinosaurs to his four-legged creature obsession, so we have added a few of those to his collection. Nate was in New Mexico at a conference on his actual birthday, so we did a scaled down present celebration with Grandma.
Then, at some friend's house, their daughter Lauren was going to celebrate her birthday the next day, so she made a cake for her and Will and even bought him a great animal puzzle and some paint with water coloring books that he loved - he went through both books in two sittings.
My cake did turn out pretty cute, thanks to some assistance from my sister, Heather and we had a last birthday party with my side of the family. Much fun has been had, many hours logged in the car, lots of new friends have been loved and lost (until next year, and a post will be dedicated to all the cute pictures I have of that), and Finley just keeps growing. Hopefully, more evidence of all our adventures will follow soon.
Then, at some friend's house, their daughter Lauren was going to celebrate her birthday the next day, so she made a cake for her and Will and even bought him a great animal puzzle and some paint with water coloring books that he loved - he went through both books in two sittings.
His cousin Amanda is super creative and also loves Will, so she went all out and made him some adorable cupcakes - there are elephants, zebras, two different dogs, a horse, and a tiger. I told her she needs to post a picture online and hire out her services! I also told Amanda she was making me look bad since I hadn't done anything yet for his birthday, and I wasn't sure the cake I had planned would be nearly as cute.
My cake did turn out pretty cute, thanks to some assistance from my sister, Heather and we had a last birthday party with my side of the family. Much fun has been had, many hours logged in the car, lots of new friends have been loved and lost (until next year, and a post will be dedicated to all the cute pictures I have of that), and Finley just keeps growing. Hopefully, more evidence of all our adventures will follow soon.
P.S. Thanks to my friend Kate and her sharing of the three day potty training method, I think Will is DONE with diapers! We've have 3 dry nights, and are down to only 1 accident a day. Yippppppeeee!
No comments:
Post a Comment