One of my favorite things about being in Dubai (besides the camels) is my job. Teaching internationally has given both Nate and me a whole new lease on life as far as our jobs go. We have met people from all over the world, and taught kids from all over the world, and it has been so fascinating as well as eye opening. In a discussion with my favorite class today (10th graders) I heard stories about travels to or experiences in Saudi Arabia, Switzerland, France, Germany, Disneyland, Majorca, Spain, China, Vietnam, Ghana, Egypt, Japan and Disney World. My students have seen more of the world in their short lives than many of us will ever see, and for most of them it really increases their world view. I don't know if that is one of the factors that makes them so enjoyable to be around and teach, or if it's an expensive private school so much of the clientele places great value on education. Regardless of why, it is so refreshing to get to teach so many interesting people and even though I am very excited for school to finish, I will miss the dynamic of my 10D class.

4 comments:
oh, jealous. i really do miss teaching, but the climate of today's school here in the U.S. is so very unappealing. Think I can talk Alex into moving? :)
I guess it's been a while since I checked blogs....because I didn't even know you had a new (not really that new any more!) baby girl! Congratulations! You have such a beautiful family! And I hope you are still loving your amazing adventure.
-kelli
i'm like kate - totally jealous. jealous of your adventures. jealous they are such a good class. jealous you are getting to experiencing such a well rounded group of kids. and i'm glad you are ending on a happy note! :)
Still love reading your blog. Big hugs.
Post a Comment