Monday, October 10, 2011

Raindrops on Roses

It's time for a little update on everyone's favorite Will Cooper - he is up to lots of cute things and is learning all kinds of new stuff. Tonight when I was thinking about this post, I started singing "Raindrops on Roses" from the Sound of Music - yep, I randomly break into song sometimes, but Will liked it and asked for an encore:) Anyhow, here are a few of his favorite things, and a few of Nate's and my favorite things about him.
Will Loves:
  • tomato soup - and other liquidy foods like yogurt so his other food items can go swimming. Mealtimes have become quite a messy experience. He also loves cucumbers, olives, blueberries, apples, and "snakes" - sliced peppers and onions. Who ever dreamed that a child of mine would eat such healthy food?
  • The way he eats something he likes and says, "Mmmmmm".
  • His Zoo book - and having Daddy sing it to him. He also loves his Farmer Will book that Nate found in Boston - yep a book about a little blond boy named Will who loves to play with animals.
  • The zoo song I made up about our trip to the Amsterdam zoo, and the Noah song I made up to the tune of the Wise Man and the Foolish Man - the rains came down and the floods came up and the ark just floated on by:)
  • His "new" toys that I finally unpacked from that last box - blocks, a magnadoodle toy on which we get to demonstrate our limited animal drawing skills and an impressive collection of basketballs, tennis balls, bouncy balls and other various balls. You may recognize a giraffe in the new animal collection, but see if your imagination is as good as Will's and look for a leopard, a kangaroo, a hippo, a lion, a gorilla and an elephant...
  • Taking medicine - strange I know, but as he is recovering from some bronchitis, it makes my life easier that he calmly sits on the counter and swallows a few doses of meds.
  • Having his friend Sam back in town - well usually, unless Sam takes possession of one of Will's toys. He is getting pretty adamant with the word "Mine!"
  • Riding on his truck, and the little bicycles at school - he has finally figured out how to propel himself forward.
  • Skyping on the computer and seeing those cool people he hung out with this summer.
  • Showing off his new vocabulary - he has learned Moffett and Webb, so he can call the Grandma's by the right name - sometimes.
  • Watching Animal Planet or NatGeo Wild tv shows. And "mimis" - movies.
  • Baths. He would stay all night if I let him.
  • Seeing pictures of family on the "puter" - he remembers all the names, I wish he would have used some during the summer.

The list goes on, and I guess some of ours overlap, but we love hearing him sing to himself - but we do wish his lullabies had more sleep inducing power. The last few weeks, he is still singing to himself and telling stories when we get in bed. But he is mostly pretty cute and fun and we love him!

2 comments:

kate said...

love it! :) he looks like such a great combo of the two of you.

how are you feeling?

jami v. said...

great list. :)