Will's New Words and Other Adventures
Will loves being in the kitchen and now he knows how fun it is to help me cook. He did learn quickly though that it is important to wait until the liquid stuff is added before tasting - he tried a spoonful of flour and baking powder. Actually, he started to try it, and I intercepted him, and so together we created a small snowstorm. I am teaching him how important it is to taste things before you bake them... And his emphatic "mmmmm" is adorable.
He is also becoming pretty adept at feeding himself, and unless he is too hungry to work through it, he has to do it himself, which often leads to food ending up in more places than his mouth.
Nate went to Doha, Qatar for a few days at the beginning of February and left Will and me on our own. It turned out okay, and of course Daddy brought home some presents for his boy - the fish tank is his favorite. I love it too because the fish are fake, and require no feeding or cleaning!
It's time for a haircut - he wakes up with some pretty funny bedhead most mornings.
One of his new words is "ride" - and he wants to ride everything. He tried to ride an expensive bronze (I think) elephant in the mall the other day, and he was not put off by the obvious size difference between him and his animal collection. Speaking of which, I am pretty sure another of his new words is animal - even though it sounds like elmo. He is adding to his animal vocabulary with the word owl, and he loves to say cockadoodledoo whenever he sees a picture of a chicken or rooster. Strawberries are one of his new favorite foods - and a favorite word to say - it comes out "staw-be". Occasionally he gives one of us a "go away". Not sure that is really what he means, but the context usually fits unfortunately... B-words like bath, boat, ball all sound the same, but he uses them all and we can't wait (sort of) for real conversations with him.
One last anecdote: Nate went into the kitchen right before we put Will down to bed last night, and was eating a piece of chocolate. Will followed him, and when Nate picked him up, he smelled the chocolate on his breath and immediately started saying "Mo (re)" which can also be interpreted as "May i have some please?" (in my dreams anyway - tee hee). Even though sometimes he tries my patience, the cuteness usually makes up for it!
6 comments:
He looks like a little boy now instead of a baby! I can't believe how he's growing. It's so fun when they start talking!
I love when they start talking, it's an extra insight into what those little guys are thinking.
Glad you survived single parenthood for a bit...hope Nate brought you a present too.
I just adore that little man. I can't believe how grown up he is getting. We miss you guys, I think that Oliver will be up to some good playing with his cous when you guys come home.
He is so gosh darn cute! I can't believe how fast he is growing up!
of course, as soon as i sit down to read there's crying in the background ... so i have to go, but i LOVE the pics. he's getting so big. he's SO cute! and i'll be back to comment on your comments. :) xxoo
He is looking so grown up! (and he looks like a mini-Nate in the last pic).
Post a Comment