Something I never imagined I'd see in Dubai: men in towels in our parking garage. Strangely though, it no longer surprises me. Turns out the security guys for our building live in a couple of small rooms in the parking garage - one has a couple of cots, and maybe a tv, and across the garage, next to the dumpster room, there is a shower room/kitchen. This means that we get to see them in their towels on the way to and from the shower when we go to and from the car. If eye contact can't be avoided, they smile sheepishly and go on their way, and we do the same. Amazing to think that this living arrangement for them is an improvement on where they came from...p.s. - an actual picture would make this blog post awesome, but I am just NOT going to go there.
2 comments:
wow. crazy what we tend to take for granted, you know? and as crazy as it is to see that (i can just imagine) i think what you said about this being an improvement from where they've come from makes me so sad ... we are so blessed i think we forget that.
Oh, come on! Why not take a picture? I think it would be super awesome.
Post a Comment