Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Taking a page...


I am going to take a page from my friend Kate's blog and do a little listing - I hope she is flattered by the imitation and not annoyed by my lack of creativity. If you ask my sister, I am good at copying...


Right now I love:

-clean folded laundry

-no dirty dishes in the sink

-actually getting my visiting teaching done - with a super fun new partner

-my baby going right to sleep

-finally getting a big hospital bill paid off

-that my husband is off playing basketball - thanks to the aforementioned hospital bill. I'm happy that he is able to get back to at least one of the things he loves.

-getting a fun new birthday book in the mail

-the way will curls himself all around me when he is eating

-a few minutes to catch up on blogs

-that my husband cooked dinner for me tonight - and often.


Right now I do not love:

- there is already more laundry waiting to be done

- that in the last 8 days, my baby has had to be shuffled around to 3 different babysitters, which led to no real naps this week, which is a big reason he went right to sleep tonight.

- kids who brag about how poorly they treat their fellow students, and act like its funny

- having to leave my baby to spend my days with kids like the aforementioned one...

- knowing there are many more $$ of hospital/dr bills awaiting.

- the uncertainty of our plans for next year.

- not being able to look forward to the Webb family Mexico trip this year.
But tomorrow, the sun will be shining, my baby will wake up smiling (mostly likely!), I love my husband and he loves me. What more do I need?

5 comments:

Amanda said...

I have to say, I also am not happy about the Webb Cabo trip and the fact that you won't be there! Seriously. But one thing that is good is that your list of things you love is longer than your list of things you don't. When that gets reversed, then we need to have a talk. Hope all is well! Miss you!!

Lauri said...

So many good, happy things in your life! Question: why the uncertainty of next year...is it time to sign contracts?

Jason and Kristin said...

Just reading your blog makes me happy. Bummer about Mexico and lame students!

kate said...

flattered, for sure. i'm about to do a similar post myself...anything to get the blog creativity going.

-hooray for cute babies and good husbands who help outweigh negatives.
-congrats on one less hospital bill! waiting for ours to start rolling in...

The Other Michelle said...

What a very cute and funny list! Your baby is ADORABLE!

I saw a not so subtle comment on another person's blog (lol) that you didn't like that our blog is private. I tracked you down ;) It's been a few years since I studied up on 'Mer's life' so I could take the wedding quiz (they told you about that, right?)

It's fun to see cute pictures of you and your family. I don't have your email address OR I WOULD send you an invite to our blog so PLEASE follow up with me. I think I included my email address the comment. Otherwise, this sounds like a really bad stalker. Michelle S. (the other michelle)