"Grown folks don't have hiding places." Scout FinchAccording to 8th graders, and question number 5 on Friday's quiz, grown-ups hide lots of things like:
Christmas presents
money
valuables
sometimes cigarettes
occasionally, drugs
feelings
secrets, or personal information they are ashamed of, and their kids aren't old enough to know about . . . (is that a loaded answer or what?)
If you haven't read To Kill a Mockingbird, run, don't walk to your nearest library or bookstore. Even for the umpteenth time, its still awesome, and we aren't even halfway yet.
5 comments:
great question and even better answers. ah. i love that book, and i love - even more - teaching it. very jealous... :) happy tkm-ing. wish i were next door doing it right along side you.
if you have to be out working, it might as well be spending your days talking about a great book. i was always jealous of the teachers who got to teach it. me? i got julius caesar. awesome.
This is my all-time favorite book. Really, it is. But still, I'm sorry you're away from your baby to teach it.
I love that book. I think we are reading it for our book group next month...can't wait. :o)
TKAM is one of my all time favorite books too. I'm almost embarassed to admit this but I hadn't read it until I had to teach it to my 9th graders. I know, what is this world coming to? Anyway, I got so involved that when I got to the part when the verdict was read I threw the book out of sheer frustration. That's the only time I've ever thrown a book.
Post a Comment