I was going to go with adventures, but it seemed like too strong a word for the evening. I don't know why but Halloween has never been one of my favorite holidays - maybe it's my memories of all my costumes being ruined by the huge coat I had to wear over them so I didn't freeze to death while out collecting candy! Nate decided to start a new tradition last year - we have a little barbeque, and invited some of his family over to hang out while we pass out candy. Last year some of our nursery munchkins came by, so that was cute. This year the only good trick or treaters we got were our friends from down the street - the rest were teenagers - most of whom didn't even make the effort to dress up! I wanted to refuse to give them candy because of their laziness, but didn't want to be egged later on . . .
Anyway, Nate's niece Amanda brought us a project this year - a Halloween gingerbread house. Turns out I was the preferred exterior design assistant:). So here are the photos of Amanda's and my efforts. I was really just moral support - I'd try something like the pictures on the box, and it would look lame, so she'd come along after me and make it cute - the girl has some artistic skills with a bag of frosting! 

5 comments:
looks fun ... :) and more exciting than our halloween. jas and the boys dug trenches for our rain pipes and then he suddenly remembered it was halloween and ran the boys to a few houses. (yes, the flu found me yet again so i was nice and cozy on the couch, sleeping through it all...)
i think we'll come to your house next year.
Sweet gingerbread house. Where are you guys headed for Thanksgiving? I'm trying to talk Jason into an AZ trip for spring break.
I saw that gingerbread kit at the store, and after a moment thought, now way...who's willing to tackle this outside of Christmas? Now I know...it looks great! I'll be sticking with sugar cookies :).
I Meridee...Just lurking at your blog through Jami's! Hope things are great. Are you coming to Happy Valley for the holiday's?? I love all your timepieces...very neat!
Mandy -
I love catching up with all the Leishmans through Jami - but jealous that you all have been out to see her! We're staying in AZ for all the holidays this year . . .
Post a Comment