I feel like I've been waiting a long time to use a cool word like bereft. I've seen it and heard it, but never really had occasion to apply it to anything. Okay - I just looked it up to make sure I was going to make sense, and it sort of does. I've been in YW for a year, and sadly, I've done my share of whining about the time commitment. But I really like all the girls in my class, and really like my two advisors. But yesterday, Nate and I both got released right before church and I was left feeling bereft - which in my dictionary means without anchor or something like that. I was completely not expecting it, and you know how even though sometimes you complain about stuff, you still like being there? Now I guess I have to go back to RS and make new friends again . . .
But on to the triumphant - Nate's 8th grade basketball team played a really good school tonight, and they knew going in that it was going to be a tough game. When I got there, it was 16-7 - not for his team. But they came back and were almost tied at half-time. They pulled away in the 3rd quarter with a sweet three point shot, and some great foul shots. But of course the other team got all fired up, and came back with some shots of their own. With a minute left, it was 39-40, again not for us, but we got fouled a couple of times, had a great diving turn-over, and won 43-40. I think that is the most anxious I've ever been during a game - I literally wanted to start biting my nails because I was so nervous! Yeah for his team!
7 comments:
being release does leave you feeling that way, doesn't it? i just got released from teaching primary and although i was secretly wishing it would happen i've spent the last 2 weeks (they just moved me to the primary pianist) thinking "those are my kids ... and where is sarah today?" ... crazy stuff but i guess it just means something fun is around the corner for you. :)
tell nate congrats ... games like that really are exciting!
Congrats on the exciting game and win! Wow!
Am I bad that I was pretty happy when I got released from YW? Seven days a week of being in charge of teenagers was too much!
Oh, and I thought of you when I saw your pitcher Webb was up for the Cy Young award...it's probably done by now, but still...
I love that you are so excited for an 8th grade b-ball team. What a good wife you are. Good luck on the next calling. Keep me posted!
Just know we will miss you!!! You must have great things in store for you. :) It just won't be the same without you. And by the way, I do more complaining then you ever did.
That is exactly how I felt when I got released from YW a couple weeks ago when our ward split (although, I didn't use a fancy word like that to describe it =)) even though I thought I was VERY ready to be released.
Good job team!
Hey. It's DeAnn. Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm so sporadic about getting around to visit other people's blogs and posting on my own. How are you? I'd love to catch up.
DeAnn - email me at my hotmail - full maiden name at hotmail . . .
Post a Comment