Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Phew!

I promised more reminiscing about fall break, but alas, it is now completely in the past, so I will keep it simple and say that I caught up on my movies - Juno - good, Untraceable - good, P.S. I love you - couldn't finish - lame, Eagle Eye - really good despite some liberal leanings (that's for Nate). Our other huge accomplishment was Nate's den. We spent many hours the first week of our break cleaning and organizing and shredding - can you say tax papers from '99? With Nate's fabulous bargaining skills, we scored a cool secondary desk, and with a little help, were able to get it up the stairs despite the 9 corners it had to navigate, and into the den. Pictures were hung, surfaces were rendered dust free, and every time I walk by, I breathe a little sigh of satisfaction. I would have put a before and after picture, but I couldn't let anyone see the layers of dust, and the invisible desk - literally buried under several months of old mail and stuff. But look how shiny and pretty it is now!

Today it was back to it all - I only called one student by the wrong name - ahd she pretends to be twins with her friend, so they scheme to confuse me. Therefore, I don't think I should count that one. I still love the Honors kids, but is it too early to start counting the days until Christmas break?

3 comments:

jami v. said...

the room looks great! :) ... and no, it's never early enough to start counting days until xmas break! i'd make a sneaky little calendar to put big red x's on! :)

kate said...

I was about to write the identical comment as Jami's! So, are we all teachers or what?

Seriously though, looks great. Our office is forever needing organizing...luckily, it doubles as a guest room, so we're forced to do it fairly often.

Anneke said...

I'm so jealous of your organized office! I'm working on mine (constantly), but ahhhhhh!

I thought of you when I was in Arizona... hopefully next time I'm down there I'll be able to stay longer and I can come say hi! I would love to see you and see where you live.