Is there anything sweeter than sleeping babies? I think not.
Finley is addicted to Tyson - she can't stay away from him - I worry about his ability to breathe several times a day.Will has acquired lots of toy cars and trucks but I think Finley has gotten more use out of them. She had them all parked in her "lot" and kept driving them around to re-organize them. This is one of the things I love about being home - just seeing the funny ways she plays throughout the day.
She loves to help me bake and hovers around with her mouth open, begging. If I turn my back, she definitely seizes the moment.
Lexie and Will have known each other since our first year here when the were one year olds in the nursery at school. This year they are finally in the same class and were sooo excited to have a playdate. I don't think it was everything they imagined though - Lexie didn't want to play animals and Finley had a hard time sharing her girl toys. But she cried when her mom picked her up and didn't want to leave so maybe I don't understand kid language like I thought I did. I thought when she said she was bored that meant she was bored and ready to go home.
Miraculously, we had a few extra minutes before church last week - and were even early. Don't ask me how it happened or if I will ever be able to pull it off again! Unfortunately the a/c in the church villa isn't really working so Tyson had to ditch the cute sweater vest...
Red velvet cookies - yummy but what a mess. This is how I buy my children's love - Nate uses ice cream, I use cookie dough:)
My little Joker - but a cute, sweet one.
Daddy's big shoes used to be good hiding places for animals - he would start to put them on, and pull out various creatures. Now they are a mode of transport for the babies. Finley loves her babies - her current favorite is Pippi Longstocking we brought from Sweden, but this "Pink baby" (they don't have names, most are just recognized by color or size) is a close second. It is great to hear her say she wants Pippi - unsurprisingly it sounds a lot like something else… One day she and I went to the grocery store, and she brought one of the babies in the car. We didn't take the baby into the store, so before we got out of the car, she made sure to stop and give her a hug and a kiss. A couple of my other favorite things she does right now are her use of the word nice - she will say someone's name, and then say "Nice". She also loves to use the word yummy - she will eat a bite of something, then smile and say "Yummy". I am so glad she is learning all kinds of words, but there are still times when she reverts to the grunting with inflections and thinks we can understand her!
1 comment:
love the update ... i'm totally like you! cookie dough bribing all the way! and WOOT-WOO for visitors!! i'm SO glad they are coming!
yeah!! love catching up!
Post a Comment