Friday, July 4, 2014

I know this is going to sound bad...

For Will's end of the year letter review, each student got to dress up as something that started with the first letter of their name.  Of course we had to choose an animal, and so we went with a whale - technically he is an orca, and they are actually dolphins according to Nate, but it was the supplies I had to work with.  So use your imagination and picture Will the Orca Whale.  You can't really see the padding around his tummy, but it didn't last too long with the heat anyway.

Grandma & Grandpa Webb just got back from a trip to Italy and brought the kids gondola driver outfits.  Finley came in and Will said, "Oh Finley, you look beautiful."  Then we got his shirt on and he said, "But why do we have to look like zebras?"  Fin loves being like Will and playing with him - his name is one of her new words, and she likes to yell it when she needs him "Willlllllll".

Yesterday, I was taking a shower and the kids were playing in Will's room.  I could hear Will singing and Finley humming along, so I knew things were okay.  Then as I was finishing, it got really quiet. After getting out, I called downstairs to see what they were doing and when Will answered, "Nothing", I knew that was not good.  I hurried to get dressed but before I could get downstairs, I heard a bonk, and Finley started crying.  She worked her way upstairs, carrying the evidence of their "nothing,"  a large spoon covered in Nutella, as was her face.  Will loves to have a taste of the peanut butter when we make sandwiches, and apparently my occasional (really!) spoonfuls of Nutella have not gone unnoticed...
Other new words in her repertoire include baby, more, two - and the sentences "I want 2, or I want Will" and two very important ones for her current activities - pee pee and poo poo.  She is officially potty trained and just wears diapers during naps and nighttime.  Yippeeeee!
 She loves taking her babies everywhere, and wrapping them up in blankets, and rocking them.  She also loves sleeping with Will - a couple of nights we have let them sleep together in his bed - the first time we took Fin to her bed when we went to bed, and he was not happy the next morning about her absence.  A few nights later we let them try it again, and they lasted the whole night, but around 6, Finley came in and wanted to get in her crib, where she slept for almost 2 more hours.  Pretty cute.
 Nate is in heaven - the kids wanted to play ball last night, so he is trying to teach them some skills:)
And finally, the explanation of the title - one night we were talking about baby names, and Nate suggested a few for us to ponder, like Alejandro Francisco, or Khaled, or Mohammed.  Will vetoed them all right away, as they are "brown people" names, and we are "light orange".  I love that he is meeting and becoming friends with kids from so many different places, but apparently he is noticing the differences.  He has a nonsense language that he speaks sometimes, and when I asked him where he learned it, he said it is "brown people language."  So on that note, Happy 4th of July!

1 comment:

jami v. said...

love the update! :) and love that fin looks "beautiful" in the stripes but he looks like a zebra. :) such fun siblings. :) they are getting so big. holy cow!! move back already so our kids can be friends!!