Monday, December 10, 2012

"I Don't Want to be a Man!"


       With Will in school, Nate and I got to have our first parent teacher conference as the parents! It was interesting, and we got a couple of funny stories, and some recommendations.  It's no surprise to us that Will is sometimes rather emotional, and his way of coping with anything that goes wrong is to cry.  Apparently, he uses this coping mechanism at school too.  So Nate had a little chat with him after one teary incident, and talked to Will about "being a man".  The next morning, we were trying to hurry Will through breakfast and away from his toys to get out the door, which brought on some tears.  Nate reminded him to be a man, and Will shot back, "I Don't Want to be a Man", and kept crying.  Good times.

1 comment:

jami v. said...

Oh, I love it! I don't want him to be a man either!! He is too little. :)
But then again I do have an almost six year old who I would love to grow up a little and take nate's advice.