Thursday, January 13, 2011

Christmas 2010 - Intimidating Inflatables

I'm a bit behind I know, and my New Year's post probably shouldn't have come before the Christmas one, but at this point, whatever. I will just be happy to get some record of the holiday posted. Despite my bitter sounding intro, we had a good Christmas - some friends from church invited a ton of people to their place for Christmas Eve dinner, and although we got started a couple hours late, the food was good, and it was fun to be with friends. Nate and I had a bunch of wrapping left to do before bed that night - Will kept trying to unwrap the couple of presents we did have under the tree, so we just decided to wait.
Will has been loving animals lately, so Nate found an inflatable zebra and camel at a beach store one day. I think they are supposed to be pool toys, but we thought Will would just like to play with them. Much of his other Christmas came from home in the car- some giant legos that have been a hit, and a sporty toy that he hasn't really gotten too much into lately. So we wrapped, and wrapped, and wrapped some more, then finally set up all the loot and went to bed. As a little Christmas gift to us, Will slept until almost 7, and so we didn't get too much of an early start, and we had many skype dates to get to as well. Will came into our living room, and was pretty much in shock at all the stuff by the tree - he just stood and stared for a few minutes. I finally sat on the couch, and he came to sit by me and keep looking - but unfortunately, the zebra and camel turned out to be quite intimidating! He wouldn't step off the rug to even get close to them! After taking a few minutes to play, we spent about the next 3 hours on skype with both our parents (and my whole family who was at my parents) and Nate's brother Rodney, then we took a quick trip to the beach with some friends so their daughter could try out her new surfboard. By the time we got back, we were all ready for a nap, so we didn't get to presents until around 3. It was a true Webb style day - my mom loves to drag out the presents - she hates it when the day gets over too quickly. Will had more fun with the bag of bows than he did opening presents, and he finally got overwhelmed with them, so we just stopped and saved a few for later in the week. We went to visit our friends from the beach later in the day, and after a small communication mix-up, we ended up stopping at Hardees for fast food for our Christmas dinner. I am pretty sure that won't be a new tradition for us, but it hit the spot! Hope everyone's Christmas was just as merry!

4 comments:

kate said...

I bet your family is SO grateful for technology :). Sounds like a fun Christmas. And take heart that I have yet to write my Christmas blog...these darn kids make it impossible to document their lives in a timely manner.

Is Will doing better with the zebra and camel now?

Amanda said...

Mer- I just miss you guys. It looks like you had a great Christmas- I am excited for when Oliver gets to know what is going on and able to play with his toys. Will is SO big- Loves--

Jason and Kristin said...

I love the anticipation and all the shopping for the little ones and then they don't even really care about the toys. When will I learn not to buy so much :). I agree with your mom, the present part is so much work and over so quickly! Way to drag it out.

jami v. said...

such fun! don't you love their faces?? :) i'm glad xmas was a good one!!