We spent our Thanksgiving in San Diego, eating Italian food and introducing Will to the ocean. As with his introduction to many other new things in his life, he seemed outwardly unimpressed, but also tolerant of his mom repeatedly sticking his little toes in the freezing water! I hope he forgives me later when he sees how this picture turned out.
I would add commentary to these photos, but I feel they speak for themselves and I fear I've already said too much . . .
Another milestone - first cereal, and his jury is still out on whether he likes it. I think we did him a disservice by letting him taste ice cream first - rice cereal is probably pretty ick in comparison.
And finally, a Christmas story. We've all heard about a friend of a friend of someone who went to dinner, and when it came time to pay the bill, the person at the next table had already paid it for them. Nate and I went out to see a live radio reader's theater of Christmas Carol last week, and stopped for dinner on our way. Turns out someone we work with had the same idea as far as the restaurant, and when it came time for us to pay the bill, he had already done it for us. It was pretty cool to be on the receiving end of the story, and reminded us again of all the big and little things we have to be greatful for.
7 comments:
great pics - and i love the toes in the water. :) mr will is so very adorable!
i love the christmas story. it's not very often that things like that really seem to happen - more "just a story" - very nice. :)
thanks for playing blog catch-up. :)
Looks like a fun time at Thanksgiving. Will is getting so big and is very cute. Hope that we get to meet him sometime soon.
Did you go to San Diego just for fun? Glad you guys are doing good!
I can hardly wait to kiss on that little Will! I may or may not have a couple of things for him next week...I really need to kick up the notch of favorite aunt seeing as I don't live near you at all. You know you could just drop him off at our house when you get into town Sunday-just a thought! ;) Can't wait to see you guys, We miss you so much! I had something like that happen to us...A couple of years ago we went to dinner at Cafe Sabor and my friend and her husband were there celebrating their anniversary, so we thought it would be nice to buy them a dessert. When we went to pay our bill, they had already paid it and left. Just something nice of them to do.
life is good! :) was it crazy being back in San Diego...this time WITH the little guy? Time flies.
Hamilton also enjoys football...he likes to torture his Michigan fan daddy though by shouting "Go Red!"
I'm not totally sure if you can FULLY understand the "Favorite Aunt" position Amanda feels the need to maintain. That girl has doled out a lot of candy and done her fair share of hair braiding to hold the title here.
I'd watch out if I were you....she'll probably slip Will some ice cream to solidify her relationship with your little man.
:o)
That little boy is so adorable. I'm not even just saying that. He's a knock-out.
Post a Comment